I recently made such a minor update on my downstairs doors but had to share because it made such a difference.
All the doors in my house had the hardware they were built with. It is the brushed nickel finished that is standard with many of the homes built around the time mine was in 2010. Lately, as I’ve been updating other things around my house, they’ve really started to stick out at me as something that feels out of place. So I decided it was time to make a change.
Here’s a before and after of my door hardware:
(Affiliate links included below.)
I did some research and eventually settled on the Halifax collection by Kwikset in Iron Black. I wanted something modern, but that would also be in style for a while.
At under $30 for the standard handle set, it’s not too ridiculously priced. But when it comes time to make a change like this, you start to realize there are way many doors in your house than you thought.
While I was at it, I updated the hinges as well. I picked out some matte black hinges from Amazon. This is a pretty quick and inexpensive update, you don’t even have to take the door down if you just work on one hinge at a time.
A few doors can easily be updated in an evening, and it’s an easy way to make a space feel more custom. I also found a deadbolt that matched the set for the door between my garage and kitchen.
Here’s a breakdown of the hardware I purchased:
- Kwikset Halifax Slim Square Bed/Bath Lever in Iron Black. This includes a lock on one side, so it’s best for bathrooms and bedrooms. (affiliate link)
- Kwikset Halifax Slim Square Hall/Closet Lever in Iron Black (affiliate link). This handle does not have a lock, so I installed it on my closets.
- Kwikset Halifax Slim Square Keyed Entry Lever (affiliate link). This includes a lock as well as a key for exterior doors. It’s what I used on the garage door above.
- Kwikset Downtown Low Profile Square Contemporary Deadbolt (affiliate link). This is the deadbolt I used on my garage door.
- 3 1/2 inch Matte Black Door Hinges (affiliate link). This pack of 12 worked well on my interior doors.
Updated door hardware for the win! This goes down as one of my favorite ways to quickly and easily update a space, along with window treatments and lighting.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.